How Do I Remove Media Player Classic (MPC-HC 1.7.8) Completely?

G

How do I remove Media Player Classic (MPC-HC 1.7.8) leftover files after I uninstalled it? I Googled it and couldn't find anything and it won't show up on REVO uninstaller. I don't trust it and it's not very good compared to Windows Media Player. From what I understand it originates from Russia.

After I uninstalled it from the Control Panel's add/remove window, I discovered the MPC-HC icon included in the dialog box asking what player I should use when I placed a DVD in the drive. How do I remove all the leftover files? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium edition on Dell's Inspiron 580. Any help is appreciated.

dr143655

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
Click Start, type regedit, open the registry editor, navigate to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\Media Player Classic, delete the key. That should do it!

G

proxy

Thanks for the reply but I got as far as Gabest in the registry editor and could not find Media Player Classic. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks Again!

G

FALCON,

Thanks for your response.

Dr143655,

You suggested going into regedit.exe, the registry editor, and deleting it and gave me directions where to find it:

“HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\Media Player Classic, delete the key.”

It was not there so in the registry editor’s menu bar in edit, I clicked find and put in Media Player Classic and found all the entries. I do not like to fool with registry keys hearing from others how they crashed their systems so I created a restore point and exported the whole registry to another hard drive as I learned from a you tube tutorial. Then I deleted the individual keys that came up in the find search. I rebooted and it worked. The icon is gone and so are the other remnant keys. I rebooted several times and so far, my system did not crash. Anyway, I have a restore point and a copy of the damn registry, so thanks anyway but I do appreciate your response.