Question How do I remove this stuck motherboard from my case ?

Root602

Reputable
May 20, 2021
It's a Dell SFF. All 6 screws have been removed. There are no other screws to remove. The heatsink, connectors, and everything on the motherboard have been removed/disconnected. The motherboard moves freely over the other screw holes except one in the corner where there is an audio jack close by. There is no screw in this hole and yet it won't move a millimeter. I've tried lifting the motherboard, wiggling it, pulling on the other connectors that are in the I/O panel to try and get it loose. Nothing works. It's like it's glued to the case.

Lutfij

Titan
Dell SFF
Dell make a number of prebuilts in the SFF form factor...and have been doing so for 2 decades. Which one are you on?

You might want to pass on images to your prebuilt's innards as well, after hosting your images on a site like Imgur , pass on the link for us to see them.

js2

Jul 16, 2024
It's a Dell SFF. All 6 screws have been removed. There are no other screws to remove. The heatsink, connectors, and everything on the motherboard have been removed/disconnected. The motherboard moves freely over the other screw holes except one in the corner where there is an audio jack close by. There is no screw in this hole and yet it won't move a millimeter. I've tried lifting the motherboard, wiggling it, pulling on the other connectors that are in the I/O panel to try and get it loose. Nothing works. It's like it's glued to the case.
There is a clip to the side that you need to push down.

Root602

Reputable
May 20, 2021
Hey guys I'm in a different timezone than you. I understand that not getting a reply immediately can be frustrating but it was already night when I made the post. Model name: Dell Vostro 270s. I'll get those images for you today.