[SOLVED] How do I replace my hard drive?

Feb 17, 2020
I dropped my phone on my Acer Aspire V3-571 above where the hard drive is, it hasn't worked properly since, I took it out and put it back in as I was advised from a Microsoft forum but now it just says please wait when turned on.

If I replace it do I have to get the same hard drive or can I get a different one like an ssd? How do I know what's compatible?

Here are pics of it

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/Bw6idEc

Solution
There's no files on it that I want to keep, if a put a new hard drive in how will I get the os on it as I can't do a recovery disk? I just updated to Windows 10 from 7
This walks you through the whole process.

You will need a different system to create the Win 10 USB.

Wu-Zi-Mu

Honorable
Feb 20, 2016
It's a 2.5 inch SATA drive, you can get any other such drive (SSDs can use SATA too). You will have to take off the mount from this one and screw it onto the new drive.

If you want the data back you can try putting it in a desktop computer and booting the desktop's OS, maybe it will recognize your drive. Other than that you can take it to a data recovery service

Feb 17, 2020
There's no files on it that I want to keep, if a put a new hard drive in how will I get the os on it as I can't do a recovery disk? I just updated to Windows 10 from 7

USAFRet

Titan
This walks you through the whole process.

You will need a different system to create the Win 10 USB.

Solution
Feb 17, 2020
before this problem my laptop wasn't on the compatible list for windows 10 but I downloaded it anyway and the only problem was a wifi drive that wasn't compatible but i was able to use the windows one. if i get a new hard drive and install windows 10 would there be any problems?

Feb 17, 2020
I was going to create a Windows 10 boot using an external hard drive but I've read that the hard drive drive has to be empty coz it wil delete everything when I put windows 10 on it, is that true?