Question How do I reset a fried motherboard ?

Jul 18, 2024
how do i reset motherboard MSI PRO H510M-B after fried after wrong connected after PCI-e 6pin was connected to moverboard socket CPU_PWR1 by mistake?
Result is one long beep two short beeps. vga light on.
memory Apacer NOX [AH4U32G26C08YMBAA-2] 32 ГБ
processor Intel Core i3-10100F BOX

I did like you said, remove battery and turn off PSU for one day but the problem continues.

VGA indicator light is not a GPU.

If you don't have a GPU, then the VGA light and beep code are correctly telling you that you don't have one, and refusing to boot. Some boards have a BIOS setting specifically to bypass this and allow headless operation. But you would have to install a GPU (or other CPU with IGP) to set that.

If it's doing this with a GPU installed, then it's fried and replacement of the board or at least any blown VRM mosfets would be needed to reset things to like new.

You never answered what video card you are using. Are you sure you have the power plugged into that correctly.

Maybe you damaged the power supply and the 6 pin cable no longer provides the proper power a video card needs.

I am very surprised you managed to plug that cable into the wrong slot. It is keyed in way it would require a lot of force to plug it in wrong.

If you do manage to do it you will likely damage a lot of stuff. Both use 12 volt and ground leads but they are in different positions. Who know what happens when you connect this wrong. You basically shorting 12 volts directly to the grounding on the motherboard.

Although with many other things the cpupwr1 connector provides power to the PCIE slot. It will provide some power to a video card in the slot in addition to any power connectors the video card itself has.

It depends on the video card but most more powerful ones take power from the slot when they first start up to check things out and then as they fully activate take power from the direct power connections on the card.

If you have damaged circuits used to power the slot it is likely why it thinks there is no video card in the slot.

Again you might have damaged the power supply so if you have a extra maybe try that before you toss the motherboard in the trash.