Question How do I reset bios on a Lenovo Thinkcentre AIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2021
I've tried removing the circular battery and RAM. Not working. Seems the next step would be to "jump" the CMOS_clear. Have not done this before. Limited research says there should be 3 pins, with 1 and 2 being linked, and to move the jumper so 2 and 3 are connected, boot for 30 sec, power off, and relink 1 and 2.

Problem is.. no PINS.

There are 3 little holes about an inch from where it says CMOS_clear.. are those the 3 connections I need?

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/28iuplab306dtr9/AAApsAotQNgqW21hK-Zsue3Ba?dl=0

Your dropbox link does not show an image.

What is the model number of your pc?
The key to getting into the bios is to get windows to shut down fully.
Otherwise, you bypass any bios option and directly load windows.
One shortcut that worked for me on a different Lenovo laptop was to shut down windows while also holding down the shift key.
On power up, there should be something like a thinkvantage key that gets you to the bios.

A more complicated method involves telling windows to do some troubleshooting.

You may have more success searching the lenovo support forums.

Nov 4, 2021
Your dropbox link does not show an image.

What is the model number of your pc?
The key to getting into the bios is to get windows to shut down fully.
Otherwise, you bypass any bios option and directly load windows.
One shortcut that worked for me on a different Lenovo laptop was to shut down windows while also holding down the shift key.
On power up, there should be something like a thinkvantage key that gets you to the bios.

A more complicated method involves telling windows to do some troubleshooting.

You may have more success searching the lenovo support forums.

Model = M820z

I can get to the bios, but it first prompts me for a bios password. If I don't enter the password, I can view the bios but in Read Only mode.

I bought this computer off Facebook Marketplace however upon bootup it is locked to some type of hotel software.

View: https://imgur.com/a/v0bg3Cl

Status
Not open for further replies.