How do I salvage my old user folder from previous ssd?

jerrylz

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
My pc crashed the other day due to corrupt windows and I reinstalled windows on a spare SSD I had. The original SSD still functions but I can't figure out how to get into my users folder for example so I can back up my user settings for all of my games and programs.

I always try to self diagnose before I make a post and I have come across posts for setting the permissions in the Properties > Security tab but thats not working for me. I've made a "Everyone" group and tried to give it full permissions but its failing.

I also managed to get into the "advanced security settings" for the drive and located the enable inheritance button but when I hit apply it gives me "error applying security".

I wasn't sure if this was the only way to go about this or if some software exists that can help me with this.

Note: Although corrupt, this ssd still has a windows install on it but it was beyond repair and I can't boot with it.

jerrylz

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012

I keep getting the error applying security, System cannot find the file specified and Its just a million windows I can hit continue on.
No matter what I try, I keep getting the errors.