[SOLVED] How do I screw in this SSD

Solution
I’m confused. Here’s another picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULXuKO0YxGPAQ-PIKxe2Ue9X_cgIMnIT/view?usp=drivesdk

what I did is place the SSD into the case bracket, screw it in from the 4 sides (remains perfectly in place after doing so) but then I can’t figure out how to get the case bracket back into place because now the SSD is covering the 4 screws that holds the bracket in the case
Right.
2x brackets. 1 on the case, 1 on the drive. You can only use one.

So the 4x empty screw holes to the left of the existing case bracket....
Either fill those with screws and slide the bracket already on the drive down over those.
Or
Unmount the case bracket to the right, mount that to the drive, and slide it down over the 4x...

USAFRet

Titan
The bracket on the right of your pic, there are holes that match with the holes on the side of the SSD.
Your SSD looks like it comes with a sled/bracket. Remove that, which should expose compatible screw holes for the case bracket.

USAFRet

Titan
On the physical drive, it looks to be a bracket already attached. Outlined in red.
Remove that.
Zu7LxN0.png

The bracket on the case has holes, outlined in red.
yPavaIi.png

Those holes line up with holes on the sides of the SSD.

jq0213

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
On the physical drive, it looks to be a bracket already attached. Outlined in red.
Remove that.
Zu7LxN0.png

The bracket on the case has holes, outlined in red.
yPavaIi.png

Those holes line up with holes on the sides of the SSD.
The outlined bracket is the case bracket. The screws are in the holes which you outlined in the second picture. The problem is that I can’t figure out how to screw the case bracket back into place.

jq0213

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
There seems to be two brackets.

One already on the drive, one already on the case.
You can only use one.
I’m confused. Here’s another picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULXuKO0YxGPAQ-PIKxe2Ue9X_cgIMnIT/view?usp=drivesdk

what I did is place the SSD into the case bracket, screw it in from the 4 sides (remains perfectly in place after doing so) but then I can’t figure out how to get the case bracket back into place because now the SSD is covering the 4 screws that holds the bracket in the case

USAFRet

Titan

Right.
2x brackets. 1 on the case, 1 on the drive. You can only use one.

So the 4x empty screw holes to the left of the existing case bracket....
Either fill those with screws and slide the bracket already on the drive down over those.
Or
Unmount the case bracket to the right, mount that to the drive, and slide it down over the 4x existing screws.

Solution