Question How do I stop my Keyboard and Mouse from Power On my computer?

Shade_Koopa

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
I've recently learn that my computer is able to power on when hitting a key on the keyboard or with a click of the mouse. I want this feature disabled. However, I had no such luck doing so. My Motherboard is an ASUS Prime B560M-A. The BIOS settings shows no option to enable such a feature under APM Config. I've already gone into device manager and disabled "wake up" for all keyboard and mouse devices.

Yet, my computer still powers on when press a key or click the mouse. Am I missing something? How the heck do I disable this feature?

Shade_Koopa

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
By using wireless keyboard/mouse?

So you only plug the USB keyboard in when needed.

That helps how? Regardless of whether the keyboard is wired or wireless, the computer still powers on when pressing the key or clicking the mouse. Plus, a wireless keyboard is still connected via USB.
When my computer is off, I want it to STAY off unless I click on the power button on my case. I don't want it turning on keyboard or mouse is is pressed or clicked.

Please give me an answer that is ACTUALLY relevant to my question.

in device manager you can disable turning PC on on keyboard/

windows doesnt care what you setup in bios, you can however also disable power to usb (some bioses calls it pcie power s3) during sleep in bios settings, but that will also disable usb charging