How do I switch from 2.4ghz to 5.0ghz with a TP-LINK adapter?

MatthewD

Honorable
May 12, 2014
My apartment complex recently began catering AT&T's fiber optic services to residents, so now everyone around me has the same Arris-brand router and all in close proximity. Naturally, there's ground for interference so I tried changing my channel (under 2.4ghz) with no luck. My question is: how do I use the 5ghz radio frequency with my TP-LINK adapter on my PC? It's 5ghz capable, I just can't find any option whatsoever in the TP-LINK software to change such function. Sorry for the long explanation, I just want to assure that I am thorough as I can't seem to find this specific issue anywhere else. Thanks!

Solution
you just need to connect it to the 5gz connection then, its just like connecting to the wifi in the first place but your 5gz connection will have a different name normally the same added on 5g at the end, make sure to have your pc forget the old wifi

MatthewD

Honorable
May 12, 2014

Yes, it has both radios. My Galaxy S8 is currently connected to the 5ghz radio.

atomicmonitor

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
you just need to connect it to the 5gz connection then, its just like connecting to the wifi in the first place but your 5gz connection will have a different name normally the same added on 5g at the end, make sure to have your pc forget the old wifi

Solution