[SOLVED] How do I test my pc hardware and where do I compare the results to see if its optimal?

Mar 18, 2019
I upgraded my pc substantially during black friday(week) of 2018, from gtx 970 to rtx 2080, i5 4th gen to i7 9th gen, PCIE ssds, z390 motherboard, 32gbs of ram etc. but I really honestly don't feel like my pc is performing like it should be doing. I primarily use it for games, and this is where I find it's performance rather dissappointing. Take a game like Black Ops 4. I only get around 100 fps, but it doesnt feel smooth at those 100 fps. It's still very visibly stuttering. I am on the brink of frustration and being furious about the performance, but I have no proof that the pc is not performing as it should, because I have done no tests, as I don't know what tests to perform. Please help me out, I really dont want this investment to feel this disheartening.

Specs:
I7-9700k
Asus z390 f-gaming Mobo
Asus strix RTX 2080
32GB ddr4 HyperX Predator 2933Mhz
WD Black 1TB m.2 NVME ssd
WD Blue 1TB Sata SSD
Seagate 3TB HDD 7200rpm
FSP hydro G 750W PSU

Solution
Yeah that's strange i've gamed on PCs much worse than yours and not had any problems. I would check the performance tab in the task manager with your game running and see which GPU is doing most of the work. I had an issue once where windows treated the mobo graphics card like it was the primary not the Nvidia. Maybe that is happening? There are also setting you can configure with your graphics card to help performance.

I'm thinking its a software problem at this point not a hardware problem.
Mar 18, 2019
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15585139

Above is the result page of my tests. My system performs "as expected" but my CPU performs way below expectations.. What gives? Is this something I can use my warranty on? I mean 4th percentile sounds shite to me, and according to the little graph there's not very many cpu's that have benched down in those ranges

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
Yeah that's strange i've gamed on PCs much worse than yours and not had any problems. I would check the performance tab in the task manager with your game running and see which GPU is doing most of the work. I had an issue once where windows treated the mobo graphics card like it was the primary not the Nvidia. Maybe that is happening? There are also setting you can configure with your graphics card to help performance.

Solution
Mar 18, 2019

What type of software problem? Windows or just the games themselves? I did a full reinstall of win10 when I upgraded. Wiped the slate clean.
Could it maybe be the PSU? I reused my PSU which is 4 years old by now

Mar 18, 2019
Run the game you like to play then, while its running check the performance tab on the task manager. Looking at what is maxed out, would be the next step to identify the issue.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15585139

Above is the result page of my tests. My system performs "as expected" but my CPU performs way below expectations.. What gives? Is this something I can use my warranty on? I mean 4th percentile sounds shite to me, and according to the little graph there's not very many cpu's that have benched down in those ranges
Your CPU is below the average because most people with an overclockable CPU overclock it, or at least overclock it more than you do.