[SOLVED] How do I transfer and replace all data from User (downloads, documents, pictures,) Window, from one drive to another?

Malaxus

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2017
How do I transfer and replace all data from User (downloads, documents, pictures,) Window, from one drive to another?

Basically is it possible take all the User data, such as desktop items, downloads, documents, from one storage device (SSD) and just completely transfer that and have it replace the files on the destination hard drive?

Is it possible to just replace all files (Users, etc) in the HDD with the new user/program files in the SSD?

Solution
you can't transfer a user account.
Not quite anyways.

Please elaborate what you want.

You have an SSD with an OS and a bunch of files right?

You want to move those files like documents and pictures and save data etc. over to another OS installation on an HDD right?
Then just drag and drop the files if you've got the both drives mounted and have access to them both at the same time.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
sure?
It's just folders with files.
Drag and drop to heart's content.

Now if you're asking about the user account itself and anything that might be meta data'd with that user and wanting to transfer those types of files over and retain accessibility..... well..... that's another thing entirely.

But in general, just drag and drop.

Malaxus

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2017

If I just transfer the user account from SSD to HDD, will all if its data follow?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
you can't transfer a user account.
Not quite anyways.

Please elaborate what you want.

You have an SSD with an OS and a bunch of files right?

You want to move those files like documents and pictures and save data etc. over to another OS installation on an HDD right?
Then just drag and drop the files if you've got the both drives mounted and have access to them both at the same time.

Solution