How do I turn off the onboard sound?

G

I recently assembled a machine with a Gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X motherboard. Then I decided I wanted a Sound Blaster Live Value sound card.

The system seems to crash with both the card and the onboard sound, but I can't turn off the onboard sound.

I do not have the optional jumper on the board, and the CMOS option doesn't seem to turn it off.

Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to turn it off?

HELP!!!! Thanks.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It should be in the bios somewhere.

*Warning*
This was posted solely to increase my post count and may not contain any relevant info

doczenith1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Are you turning off the legacy audio and not the onboard audio? Legacy audio is just dos sb support. On my Soyo the option to turn off the onboard audio was a diffent location that the legacy support.

Doc

G

I have a soyo 7vca and have the same problem with the sb live card. I turned off the legacy audio, and thought that would doer. Didn't work, still go the blue screen with error of the emulation or something (some thing that allows sb to play dos games).

My question, what else did you do? I thought I looked everywere in the BIOS.

Thanks,

-noinert

G

I think in my BIOS, the there is three sound options on the same page.

One is Legacy, one is SB (which is optional), and I think the other one is Via.

There is also an option to turn off FM radio, which I don't know how to use anyway, in fact I was unaware it was even on the board.

Basically from memory, the error with the soundcard was a fatal exception by Windows, blue screen (but it was a while since I tried so I may be wrong). But I do remember it was crashing while starting windows.
-Michael.

doczenith1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The option to turn off the onboard sound was in the "SOYO COMBO Feature" page on my soyo k7vta-b mb. It list listed as "OnChip Sound" and had the options of either Auto or Disabled.