How do I underclock my GPU without Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2018
Yesterday my pc crashed while i was watching yt and since it restarted the screen shows green horizontal lines artifacts and when after entering windows the screen stas black
I pulled out my gpu and it worked
I also heard that if i underclock my gpu i might get rid of the artifacts
how am i supposed to underclock my gpu if my pc doesn't boot into windows? i also tried setting igpu asmmain graphics adapter from bios and still doesn't boot
do any of you any good live os for unerclocking my GPU?
MB:asrock ZH77-pro3
GPU:Asus HD 7950
CPU:i5 2500k
Thanks in advance.

codygriffy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013
I think you're worried about the wrong thing. If you can't even get into windows shouldn't that be your first priority? I would grab your windows disc or depending on which version of windows you have and get to the recovery menu. A fix windows boot option should be in there. If you really want to underclock / undervolt your gpu, I would highly suggest getting MSI Afterburner when you're in windows. You simply bring up a GPU curve that shows what speed you would like at how much voltage.

Dec 16, 2018

The thing is that Windows boots just fine without the graphics card. I've tried putting the GPU back in and using Windows 10 repair and it only boots in Safe mode where MSI Afterburner doesn't work. Even after uninstalling the drivers it still doesn't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.