Question How do i update from windows 7 to 10?

WRG

Reputable
Feb 12, 2019
I have windows 7 and i want to update to 10 , i want to lose all my files and install windows 10 pro.
Also . is windows 10 pro not licensed the same with windows 10 pro licensed?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I have windows 7 and i want to update to 10 , i want to lose all my files and install windows 10 pro.
Also . is windows 10 pro not licensed the same with windows 10 pro licensed?

You should use the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 Install for your system. Windows licensing hasn't changed. It's still only for the version of Windows you currently have. For instance, you cannot use a Windows 10 Home license to activate Windows 10 Professional. You CAN, however, run Windows 10 without activation and only lacking customization capabilities. All other functions of Windows 10 work as if the unit was licensed.

-Wolf sends

P.S. It may be possible to still use your current Windows 7 Product Key to activate a similar Windows 10 product (Windows 7 Home Premium --> Windows 10 Home / Windows 7 Professional --> Windows 10 Pro). While the free upgrade option officially ended a while ago, some people are reporting that it still works. If not, then just use Windows 10 without activation until you can purchase a Windows 10 Professional license key

Feb 12, 2019
Uh that was confusing. If you are trying to upgrade to windows 10 just make a bootable drive of windows 10, boot from it and install. Or you can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool , run it and install it from there without a Bootable Drive. For the license part, I was confused. Simple, you can use windows and not activate it and lose customization and other features or you can buy a windows 10 activation key for which ever version you want and enter it during instillation or if you already installed it you can enter it from the settings to get all the features windows offers.