How do i watercool my gpu

Sep 27, 2018
Hello, im planning to do a custom water loop for my rig, however i can’t seem to find any complete tutorials on it anywhere. I’ve looked at linus and twocents but they didnt rly cover in detail how individual components need to be selected and how they would work. Here are some of my questions

I know that when watercooling my gpu, i need a gpu block, however of all the videos i’ve watched, installing the block is pretty god damn complicated and even requires taking the gpu apart, and when they took it apart, they Later installed the block with screws matching specific screw holes on the FOUNDERS edition, i couldn’t find other third party card installation tutorials, so i was wondering if i could cool ANY gpu and not just founders edition since im not using founders edition or i would require a specific gpu water block for my asus rog strix 2080ti

Next thing, im planning on goong sli, and i heard and saw people putting a specific type of block that connects the two gpu water blocks rather than just using pipes. That connector block is good and all but they have 4 holes and i have 2 pipes, one going into the sli and one going out... wont coolant splash out if i have the extra two holes? What should i do about them

Lastly, fittings. Yes i know to pick out fittings with the correct inner and outter radius but there are tens of kinds of fittings and i have no idea which one to pick

Those are some of the questions i have for now and i would really appreciate the community helping out

Solution
Installing a GPU block is actually pretty simple - EK sends you instructions with the block on how to do it, including which screws go where. You have to really be careful with what you find on YouTube - they literally allow anyone to post videos there without any form of validation of what is good, bad or even remotely palatable.

Yes, you have to take the stock cooler off of your GPU and you'll need some small, hobbyist screwdrivers to do so. No, it isn't very difficult if you follow directions step by step.

Watercooling is relatively advanced only because it requires more forethought and planning.

Intricate? Yes. Difficult? No.

It isn't rocket surgery.
here is what EK offers for your GPU, knowing the exact card you have would help.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109810477

EK does offer a bridge for their blocks to hook 2, 3, and 4 cards together. Here is one of my older computers running 4 gtx 670's
Hx8675p.jpg

This was one of my first builds using hard tubing, 90% of my builds i just use barbs with clamps

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Installing a GPU block is actually pretty simple - EK sends you instructions with the block on how to do it, including which screws go where. You have to really be careful with what you find on YouTube - they literally allow anyone to post videos there without any form of validation of what is good, bad or even remotely palatable.

Yes, you have to take the stock cooler off of your GPU and you'll need some small, hobbyist screwdrivers to do so. No, it isn't very difficult if you follow directions step by step.

Watercooling is relatively advanced only because it requires more forethought and planning.

Intricate? Yes. Difficult? No.

It isn't rocket surgery.

Solution