How do Iconfirm 3 product licence for w7

aoflaud

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I bought W7 Pro and it is suposed to have a 3 computer license. There was only one key in the package. Is there a number sequence in the key that I can confirm it is for 3 computers?

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hello,

Those 3 license family packs were hard to locate! Congrats!

You can install and Activate (within 30 days of installation) your copy 3 times. When you activate, MS computers keep track of how many times you've used it. There isn't a screen that tells you how many times you have activated it, but most people know.

If you have trouble you can always start the online phone support by , typing slui.exe 4, on the Start Menu, clicking yes on the UAC screen, click on the drop down menu and select the nearest location to you for a toll free number to call.

aoflaud

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

Ebay and the seller was from Australia. Item was sealed when I got it.

aoflaud

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

Mabe not but it could be a corporate pack not generally advertised or something of that nature. Microsoft issues many different flavors of their products to interested parties. The difficult part sometimes is finding out which one you have.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
I generally do not advise buying software from an auction site. Many sell counterfeit merchandise and many of those go to elaborate lengths to look legitimate. These would be sealed and even sport fake holograms. I always recommend buying something like an OS from legitimate stores or from Microsoft directly.

As area51 said, there is officially no family pack for the professional version, so I would be extremely skeptical about the legitimacy.

aoflaud

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

I have geerally had good luck buying items on Ebay but this is the first OS. Probably be the last. I wanted an OS for three computers and did not want tospnd $300.00 so I took a gamble. Thanks for the help.

aoflaud

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

I do not buy separate keys for the reason you mentiioned. I thought of calling Microsoftt and will probably end up doing so. I found out through the years it is best to find out all possible information about anything one is going to talk to them about before calling. A couple of years a friend & I called on an OS we bought for the airport I worked at at the time and the first Microsoft respondants told us there was not such a product. The second said they had it but it would not work for what we wanted to do. Finally after two weeks we got the right tech got us up and running. Mabe things have changed. The first responders generally have a list of the common items and one has to keep calling and calling to get info on anything out of the ordinary. This is also why it is inportant to have every piece of information you possibly can before calling. Thanks for your help. I saved the number.

aoflaud

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

Yep, That is the bad part. It has been sitting on y desk for about 2 months adn I am leaving town for a reunion until Monday. So I'll let you know next week. If all else fails I worked in the Army EOC at Ft Meade and we worked with NSA. I'll just call one of those guys. they will have little problem tracking down the original owner. I don't like to bother them unless I have to though. Let you know next week what happens. Thanks again.