How do you get your CPU voltage to lower when idle?

refmon

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
Hey all,

I have a 3750k at 4.5 that needs 1.280V on manual. I have all the C-states on and IEST as well but they haven't done a thing.

I thought offset could fix this so I messed around with offset and LLC until I was able to get 1.280V as well. But It seems that on offset my voltage dips too low when I play games and crashes after 20-30 mins of game play.

It also stayed at 1.280 during a prime95 test so its fine on max load but I have no idea why it dipped enough to crash during a game.

Solution
I believe you need to set the voltage to automatic not manual or something like that....difers from motherboard to motherboard.
As about the crash .....it's about some kind of transient response. . ....when you suddenly ramp the cpu up the regulators must pump up a ton of amps suddenly and due to inductance of the tracks a voltage drop forms for a few milliseconds.if it goes beyond the critical limit the cpu crashes.Again look on your motherboard bios settings about something that mitigates this.....if not rise the voltage 1 step.

and112

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
I believe you need to set the voltage to automatic not manual or something like that....difers from motherboard to motherboard.
As about the crash .....it's about some kind of transient response. . ....when you suddenly ramp the cpu up the regulators must pump up a ton of amps suddenly and due to inductance of the tracks a voltage drop forms for a few milliseconds.if it goes beyond the critical limit the cpu crashes.Again look on your motherboard bios settings about something that mitigates this.....if not rise the voltage 1 step.

Solution