How do you install Microsoft Document Imaging Writer so it..

My system is running Windows XP Pro OS and MS Office XP Pro (ver.
10.0.433.0)?

Thanks,

Dave Nelson

1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
3. Click on "Microsoft Office XP" and then click on "Change".
4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
5. On the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced customization of applications." and click "Next".
6. Under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools"
7. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Not Available".
8. Click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
9. Repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
10. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
11. Click on "Update".

Once this is complete, you can go to "Control Panel" and then to "Printers and Faxes", if you see a printer with the name of
"Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" then the MODI (Microsoft Office Document Imaging) is properly installed.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"David Nelson" wrote:

| My system is running Windows XP Pro OS and MS Office XP Pro (ver.
| 10.0.433.0)?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Dave Nelson

I tried the uninstall, re-install. No joy. Any other thoughts?

> 1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application
> running, the driver will not be installed properly.
> 2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
> 3. Click on "Microsoft Office XP" and then click on "Change".
> 4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
> 5. On the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced customization of
> applications." and click "Next".
> 6. Under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools"
> 7. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon
> and select "Not Available".
> 8. Click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
> 9. Repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
> 10. Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon
> and select "Run from My Computer".
> 11. Click on "Update".
>
> Once this is complete, you can go to "Control Panel" and then to "Printers
> and Faxes", if you see a printer with the name of
> "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" then the MODI (Microsoft Office
> Document Imaging) is properly installed.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "David Nelson" wrote:
>
> | My system is running Windows XP Pro OS and MS Office XP Pro (ver.
> | 10.0.433.0)?
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Dave Nelson

Hi Carey,
I don't have a copy of the Office XP. Is it possible to get the MODI printer
driver independently? I would like to be able to print using this driver to
..mdi format on my home XP. Is this possible at all?

Thanks,
SBM