Question How do you play a game demo that's in your Epic Games library?

I have the Far Cry 6 demo in my Epic Games library after seeing it on the Epic Store, but when I click on it I only get an option to Link to my Ubi account, or Cancel. The first says I'm already linked, the 2nd does nothing but close the window.

I tried logging in to Ubi Connect, letting it update, and having it minimized while attempting to install the demo on Epic Game Store (which is what it's called on their site. It did no good.

I have a feeling though that Epic Game Store misleadingly misworded it, and probably should have taken it off their store some time ago.

[EDITED]
Just rechecked and it IS worded Free Trail on Epic Games, though I'm sure somewhere it said demo as well.

Last edited:
just checked it and fc6 trial on epic store pretty much runs through ubisoft connect service
have tryed instaling it from ubisoft connect?

Yeah I tried not only looking for it on the UC store page, but also tried to use a link to the free trial on UC, which I (and others) found via searching. The link still works but after logging in and entering your birthdate it just shows FC6 at full price and a $15 subscription to their game service.

IMO that Free Trial URL should no longer even actively take you to anything on Ubi's site and the Free Trial offer for FC6 shouldn't still be showing on Epic Game Store. Very misleading, maybe even suspicious as a janky lure.

Honestly, after seeing this I don't feel Epic Game Store or Ubi's sites are any more trustworthy than sites that sell cheap game keys.

Yeah I tried not only looking for it on the UC store page, but also tried to use a link to the free trial on UC, which I (and others) found via searching. The link still works but after logging in and entering your birthdate it just shows FC6 at full price and a $15 subscription to their game service.
could be somethingfrom ubi side, its still listed in free games, but ye just paid version inside, so ubi store is nada
CSvcQqy.png

8uCuzIW.png

from epic for me it works, but as i said before, it needs ubisoft connect app installed

from epic for me it works, but as i said before, it needs ubisoft connect app installed
What do you mean it works? I got it to show up in my EGS library, but it would only ask to link accounts when I clicked on it, then it came back saying they were already linked. The Cancel option in that link popup window just makes the popup disappear. I see NO WAY to make it "work".

YES, read my post #3 again!

Where did you source the free trial from, Epic Games Store, Ubi Connect Store, or Ubi's Main store? And AGAIN, what do you mean by "work"? Did it actually serve as a way to get a free trial?
opened epic store, found farcry 6 free trial, confirmed purchase for $0, installed

its currently installed and linked with ubi account
b9bWY5w.png

UkhkKOt.png

pLiWGWF.png

right on epic you have to purchase game to add it to library, even if it costs nothing