How do you repair PS3 game discs?

astrofighter122

Honorable
Mar 31, 2015
I have an Uncharted 3 game disc that when played shows a black screen for a few minutes, and then there is a rotating ring that I think is the loading icon that keeps rotating, and I shut off the PS3 after 21 of staring at the same icon. I noticed the disc had multiple scratches everywhere. How do you fix this?

Solution
the best way is to get your disk resurfaced. there are professional services which do this better than at home solutions and some small movie shops may even have one of these machines and often charge fairly low prices for a quite professional looking fix.

while i've never had any issue with bluerays (ps3 disks are BR) since they have an anti-scratch coating on them, i do have some experience with scratched dvds and cds for which i use the DiskDR tool which does work fairly well for being a cheap product. I cannot say for sure how well the ps3 version works but i would guess similarly to the dvd version.

4070400_SkipDr_PS3_500.jpg

astrofighter122

Honorable
Mar 31, 2015

Hi, is it OK if the toothpaste has crystals? That is the only kind I have

the best way is to get your disk resurfaced. there are professional services which do this better than at home solutions and some small movie shops may even have one of these machines and often charge fairly low prices for a quite professional looking fix.

while i've never had any issue with bluerays (ps3 disks are BR) since they have an anti-scratch coating on them, i do have some experience with scratched dvds and cds for which i use the DiskDR tool which does work fairly well for being a cheap product. I cannot say for sure how well the ps3 version works but i would guess similarly to the dvd version.

4070400_SkipDr_PS3_500.jpg

Solution

astrofighter122

Honorable
Mar 31, 2015

Would you recommend SkipDr the PS3 version?

i have personally had fairly good luck with the dvd version so if i had issues with blueray disks for ps3 i'd try the ps3 version myself. however i dont have issues with bluerays just dvds (i buy used dvds) so i havent had the chance to test it out myself.

this product is not going to do wonders for deep gouges or substantial damage but works well on hairline and light scratches, scuffs and similar damage. you cant expect miracles from a $20 product but for the price i'm happy with its performance.

its not going to be the same quality as a professional resurfacing machine and you will most certainly get a better finish by using a paid service you mail into or local dvd shop which has a machine but for the price it did a decent job. you can also repair disks which are more damaged with such machines as well so if you have heavily damaged disks this may be your only option.

as long as you arent expecting a miracle product, i'd say the skipdr works fine for the price.