[SOLVED] How do you set up a crossfire setup ?

Solution
but the question remains wolf , why is in the bios the two cards both at pci e 3 x 16 while in windows in amd crimson , it shows one card at pci e 2 x4 ? thanks for your previous answer though

If your cards are installed in PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_3, per the User's manual pg 1-2, then I suspect the issue is with Windows/Crimson reporting it incorrectly.

-Wolf sends
Feb 14, 2019
Firstly, I wouldnt bother as its better to buy a single card thats more powerful than dual cards (many issues with dual card setups).

If you do go through with it, you need a motherboard that supports crossfire, and two cards with the same gpu and vram. Then you can enable crossfire in the amd radeon settings.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-018

thank you sir , i already bought 4 cards , but the mobo does not seem to accomodate no more than 2 . i'm not sure . they are sapphire nitro plus 570 . can you help me setting up my crossfire ?

Feb 14, 2019
Wait, why would you want to run 4 rx570 cards in crossfire? I dont think thats a supported configuration for crossfire...
yes i think i made a HUGE mistake , is there a 3 way crossfire set up ? cause otherwise i have to use the rest on my other build

anyhow when i launch call of duty in the Graphics there is no crossfire and the vram is only 8 gb . with dx 12 it is supposed to be 16 ? HELP

Wolfshadw

Titan
If this is your motherboard: ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME, then according to the user's manual - pg 1-8, it supports quad-crossfire. There is also a note that if the U.2 port is in use, the last PCI-Ex8 slot is disabled. With the four cards installed (and power to each), it should just be a matter of setting it up in the Radeon Settings page as RobCrezz suggests/linked.

-Wolf sends

Edit: I would also note that:
  1. The game actually needs to support Crossfire.
  2. VRAM stacking in DX12 is entirely up to the development team.

Obviously, if they didn't implement Crossfire, then didn't implement VRAM stacking either.

Which Call of Duty game are you concerned about?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
If this is your motherboard: ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME, then according to the user's manual - pg 1-8, it supports quad-crossfire. There is also a note that if the U.2 port is in use, the last PCI-Ex8 slot is disabled. With the four cards installed (and power to each), it should just be a matter of setting it up in the Radeon Settings page as RobCrezz suggests/linked.

-Wolf sends

Obviously, if they didn't implement Crossfire, then didn't implement VRAM stacking either.

call of duty world war 2 , also to a lesser extent black ops 4

Feb 14, 2019

-Wolf sends

but the question remains wolf , why is in the bios the two cards both at pci e 3 x 16 while in windows in amd crimson , it shows one card at pci e 2 x4 ? thanks for your previous answer though

Wolfshadw

Titan

If your cards are installed in PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_3, per the User's manual pg 1-2, then I suspect the issue is with Windows/Crimson reporting it incorrectly.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Feb 14, 2019
This be my crossfire x , in case you're wondering if i'm asking a serious question :

13zuash.jpg

i installed a third card now it's pcie 3 x 16 , pcie 3 x4 and pcie 2 x4 . it's strange