[SOLVED] How does an engineer take care of the CCTV in a hotel?

Jun 28, 2021
My family just bought a small local hotel and we want to have the hotel redecorated during summer (since winter is the hot season in that area). In that case, we plan on replacing the security system with a new one; the old one was too simple and some cameras are even fake ones, no use at all.

However, no one has experience in the hotel business. I think we should arrange an engineer position to organize the whole thing so we don't need to worry about it. I would like to know the job of this position and how this person should take care of the CCTV in a hotel if anyone can share about this. Thanks!

Solution
My family just bought a small local hotel and we want to have the hotel redecorated during summer (since winter is the hot season in that area). In that case, we plan on replacing the security system with a new one; the old one was too simple and some cameras are even fake ones, no use at all.

However, no one has experience in the hotel business. I think we should arrange an engineer position to organize the whole thing so we don't need to worry about it. I would like to know the job of this position and how this person should take care of the CCTV in a hotel if anyone can share about this. Thanks!
Most new CCTV systems use ethernet rather than coax. It is much simpler to install (one cable per camera) and it is ethernet so it...

kanewolf

Titan

Most new CCTV systems use ethernet rather than coax. It is much simpler to install (one cable per camera) and it is ethernet so it is well understood by many engineers.

Solution

Cubrix

Commendable
Nov 28, 2019
I personally don't think it's necessary to actually pay someone monthly to work with CCTV.. It's rather simple and can be understood and used by anyone if you learn how to.

I would suggest to get a company to install the CCTV for you and teach you how to use it. I'm not too sure how big your "SMALL local hotel is", but if it's small enough to manage by a hotel manager, that should be easier than paying someone a salary. CCTV also only get used when you need it (in case of theft, damage, fights etc).