[SOLVED] How does this prebuilt compare to my current rig?

Aug 10, 2019
After building my own PC I've had no end of trouble, admittedly these problems are due to my own inexperience.
But while I wait on a new psu to see if that's the only damage (it blew last night, sparks and all) I'm thinking about buying a prebuilt for the sake of convenience.
So two questions:

How do these two builds compare?
https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/d77Ycf/great-intel-gamingstreaming-build

What's you opinion on Gladiator PC's? A friend recommended them but I've heard mixed things.

Thanks for your time.

Solution
Both systems are comparable. This is a side-grade at best. Realistically, you'd be wasting your money buying essentially the same performance, but with some downsides listed below. You'd end up with a second equivalent system, and you wont be able to sell your current system for anywhere near the price you paid for it.
  • The pre-built has a worse PSU (80+ only, not even 80+ Bronze)
  • Smaller SSD in the pre-built, and no HDD.
  • You don't really know what brand/model of RTX2060 you'll get in the pre-built.
  • The pre-built doe have better speed RAM.
Best case, you mix in your better components to the pre-built and sell off your current system with the worse prebuilt components in it for a loss. Not sure what that does...
Both systems are comparable. This is a side-grade at best. Realistically, you'd be wasting your money buying essentially the same performance, but with some downsides listed below. You'd end up with a second equivalent system, and you wont be able to sell your current system for anywhere near the price you paid for it.
  • The pre-built has a worse PSU (80+ only, not even 80+ Bronze)
  • Smaller SSD in the pre-built, and no HDD.
  • You don't really know what brand/model of RTX2060 you'll get in the pre-built.
  • The pre-built doe have better speed RAM.
Best case, you mix in your better components to the pre-built and sell off your current system with the worse prebuilt components in it for a loss. Not sure what that does warranty-wise. There's a manufacturer warranty on most/all components I suppose. Not sure what Gladiator PC's warranty terms are.

Not sure if the blown PSU is/was your only issue, but don't get discouraged. Things can happen. The parts you bought aren't bad parts (not sure why you bought 2666MHz CAS 19 RAM though). Hopefully the PSU didn't take anything down with it.

Solution
Aug 10, 2019
I appreciate the insight, here's hoping that it's only the PSU that's damaged.
At the very least I'll have a fresh PSU to swap out for if I buy the prebuilt lol
Thanks again.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would not choose to spend that kind of money while having a closely comparable system. The aspect I see as a downer is that when PSU go they have a tendency to take things with them and the down the line trouble shooting can be tedious. Way too good a system not to consider trying though.