[SOLVED] How does this work ?

Oct 13, 2020
Is it possible to connect a device to our wifi without it showing up on the connected devices on our router? Also, what does Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter do? This has shown on the list of network properties. How can someone know what pages I look at online? I think that someone is spying on me, I am quite worried about this. Is there anyone who can explain some internet stuff to me?

Solution
Is it possible to connect a device to our wifi without it showing up on the connected devices on our router. Also, what does Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter do? This has shown on the list of network properties. How can someone know what pages I look at online? I think that someone is spying on me, I am quite worried about this. Is there anyone who can explain some internet stuff to me
How routers list connected devices varies. It could be only devices that use a DHCP address, for example.
Since most web pages are encrypted ( HTTPS ) the content you access is difficult for someone on a network to see. They can see all the DNS ( domain name system ) traffic. This is where your PC asks to translate...

kanewolf

Titan
Is it possible to connect a device to our wifi without it showing up on the connected devices on our router. Also, what does Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter do? This has shown on the list of network properties. How can someone know what pages I look at online? I think that someone is spying on me, I am quite worried about this. Is there anyone who can explain some internet stuff to me
How routers list connected devices varies. It could be only devices that use a DHCP address, for example.
Since most web pages are encrypted ( HTTPS ) the content you access is difficult for someone on a network to see. They can see all the DNS ( domain name system ) traffic. This is where your PC asks to translate "www.google.com" to an IP addess.
The other way to "spy" would be to have some kind of malware installed on your PC. Using malwarebytes and an antivirus would be the first steps to ensure that isn't the case.

Solution