Question How does Vbs sendkeys on windows 10 interact with ADB and scrcpy controlling an android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiegoble

Prominent
May 1, 2018
I'm trying to make an automated typing script to send messages on my phone through my computer via scrcpy with vbs sendkeys, but the only characters that get through are punctuation, and nothing else. The script works normally on my computer, it types everything out correctly. When I am in the scrcpy window that is connected to my phone it doesn't work all the way. Can anyone explain why punctuation are the only characters that are being typed? And if possible, how to make it work completely?

Last edited:
I don't think I can help you, but if you explain in more details what you want to do, how the phone and computer are connected, what are these utilities you're mentioning, someone might be able to help.

If only punctuation can pass - are you trying non-Latin characters?

zombiegoble

Prominent
May 1, 2018
I'm using a little code called scrcpy found here https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy. My phone is connected to my computer through USB. When I try to use the sendkeys command with vbscript on my computer while the displayed controllable window of my phone is selected, it only sends punctuation keys for example, it can type ",./;'" but not "hello world". It also can't hit the enter key, even though if I physically hit my enter key, it actually does. I can type normally on it, but the vbscript can't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.