How good is this build?

MrPosideoNJ

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
I'm buying my first pc and was wondering how good it will run all current and future games and just all around how good of a pc this is for gaming and video editing

4.0 GHz Intel Core i7-6700K Quad Core
32GB of 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 with 8GB GDDR5X
240GB SSD + 2TB 7200 rpm SATA 3 HDD
1 x Gigabit Ethernet Port
USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / DVI / HDMI / DP
USB Gaming Mouse & Keyboard Included
Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

Those are main specs above.

Solution
That system is overkill for any games you may want to play, you won't have to worry about programs or games for years. Unless you're using programs that use a lot of RAM or you're the type of guy to open lots of lots of processes (cough, Chrome tabs), you won't need 32GB, even for future use in gaming. I would recommend at max for gaming/everyday programs 16GB of RAM, maybe 24GB if you really need/want the extra headroom or use it for RAMDisks. The 6700k can make us of the DDR4 RAM speeds.

Bakua

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
That system is overkill for any games you may want to play, you won't have to worry about programs or games for years. Unless you're using programs that use a lot of RAM or you're the type of guy to open lots of lots of processes (cough, Chrome tabs), you won't need 32GB, even for future use in gaming. I would recommend at max for gaming/everyday programs 16GB of RAM, maybe 24GB if you really need/want the extra headroom or use it for RAMDisks. The 6700k can make us of the DDR4 RAM speeds.

Solution