How Google’s AlphaGo AGI Could Soon Beat The World’s Best Go Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
Finally, my son's (in the PhD program for Comp Sci at Brown) boast about how even the best computer AIs cannot win against a human GO player is now toast, heh.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
It is NORMAL a super computer (which learned from many players/masters) to able to beat one single human mind.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what exactly is go?

never heard of it....... the top pic looks like an old game called othello i used to play a long time ago. guess i got to do some reading to see what this game is they are trying to play with ai.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
AI will be amazing at first. Put it in strategy games etc. Then it will probably be a bit scary what it's capable of. Then we all know what comes next.....

I personally would like to welcome our new AI overlords. I'm good at convincing others and would be great as a negotiator to bring the resistance into line.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

you need a yes man? i've seen these movies and they never turn out good for the humans. i'll be happy to help you get the squishy flesh covered vermin in order as well if it gets me a bit of consideration from our new machine overlords.....

Status
Not open for further replies.