How I do I stop overclocking

KS_54

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
How do I stop my ntel Core i7-7700K from running at Maximum Overclocked Speed. I dont want it to go higher than 4.2, will disabling turbo-boost in BIOS work?

Solution
You can just edit your advanced energy settings in the control panel.
Just go Change scheme settings (or what it's called in english) -> Change advanced settings, then in the new window that opens up, go to Energy Settings For The Processor, then Maximum Processor State, and type in a lower value than 100%. Then hit Initialize or Ok on the window.

The names on the alternatives may vary though, I'm not on the English Windows, so it's roughly translated.

That is if you want to do it inside Windows and not in BIOS, it's up to you.
If it´s reaching high temps, the boost clock will be less than 4,5GHz. If you have problems with high temps like > 90°C, then I would check the cooling system of your rig.

But anyways, you can disable the boost technology inside BIOS of your motherboard.

steffeeh

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
You can just edit your advanced energy settings in the control panel.
Just go Change scheme settings (or what it's called in english) -> Change advanced settings, then in the new window that opens up, go to Energy Settings For The Processor, then Maximum Processor State, and type in a lower value than 100%. Then hit Initialize or Ok on the window.

The names on the alternatives may vary though, I'm not on the English Windows, so it's roughly translated.

That is if you want to do it inside Windows and not in BIOS, it's up to you.

Solution

genthug

Honorable
If you're in your BIOS then yes it's Turbo Boost that will be controlling that.

That being said, there's no reason for you to not run it at those speeds. It's what Intel intends the processor to run at stock--if you're having overheating problems with your processor at stock, there is another problem here.

steffeeh

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

76vQo_s-200x150.gif

TRENDING THREADS