Question How ignoring suggested limits works?

Apr 17, 2019
People can use extra vram by ignoring suggested limtis un gta 5 from where that exta memory comes from if the gpu is on the limts.Is it related to shared memory?

Apr 17, 2019
Now the issue is, I thought that 2gb card would be enough and the game will run smoothly but it asks almost 4050mb memory to play at full settings. And intel's card is of 3gb but u know that's not so powerfull to run gta 5.now i'm using ignoring limits and playing game at 2200 mb which is over limit to my gpu,and sometimes game lags.and when i take the settings to even just at 2500mb it slows down the game.

Apr 17, 2019
Isn't there any way to combine both nvidia and intel card memory so when i run the game it shows 5000mb instead of 2047mb limit memory?? And so i could maximize the settings to 4gb and would play game without any lag or slow down.

I think you may be confusing the RAM allocation for the Intel IGP as being applied to the dGPU as well.

Allowing a game to run over into system RAM is likely to cause as much or worse performance degradation as just keeping the 2GB VRAM limit in place.

Running out of system RAM because you're using it for the dGPU or IGP is worse again, because now you've taken a HUGE step down to system storage (hopefully SSD and not HDD)

The fact is, your system as a performance limitation based on the available hardware. Reduce game quality settings first, then resolution until you get acceptable frame rates.

Apr 17, 2019
Hp omen isn't a low hardware laptop i think.

And if you check on internet, they says 2gb gtx 660 is the maximum requirnement to play the game at high settings.

And is it possible to play games at shared memory of both combined nvidia and intel gpu??

D

Deleted member 14196

Hp omen isn't a low hardware laptop i think.

And if you check on internet, they says 2gb gtx 660 is the maximum requirnement to play the game at high settings.

And is it possible to play games at shared memory of both combined nvidia and intel gpu??
No

And no gaming laptop performs even as well as a cheap mid tower With a video card. Increase your RAM as noted above if you can and be happy with your system as it is