[SOLVED] How important is a CPU in Vr gaming?

Mar 24, 2019
I have buildt my Pc (about one year ago) specifically for 4K gaming. I know the specs are kinda weird but I don’t want to hear hate. I KNOW I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER
But anyway I was wondering if my CPU bottlenecks my GPU for VR gaming in specific since the GPU is way more powerful than my CPU. And if it is worth upgrading.

These are my specs:
I5 8400
Plait GTX 1080
16GB 2400mhz g.skill sniper x
Oculus Rift

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your current system should perform well for both VR and non-VR gaming. I wouldn't worry too much about "bottlenecking", all systems have limitations.

In your situation, an upgrade (of the CPU or GPU) is not a necessity. Is your system failing to meet any of your current needs?

Mar 24, 2019
Your current system should perform well for both VR and non-VR gaming. I wouldn't worry too much about "bottlenecking", all systems have limitations.

In your situation, an upgrade (of the CPU or GPU) is not a necessity. Is your system failing to meet any of your current needs?
No it’s not everything works fine it’s just frustrating having to turn down the quality a lot to meet the 90fps mark. Yeah it’s normal I know but I was just wondering if I could go higher with a better cpu and with higher I mean to a level where you can really feel a difference.

I have buildt my Pc (about one year ago) specifically for 4K gaming. I know the specs are kinda weird but I don’t want to hear hate. I KNOW I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER
But anyway I was wondering if my CPU bottlenecks my GPU for VR gaming in specific since the GPU is way more powerful than my CPU. And if it is worth upgrading.

These are my specs:
I5 8400
Plait GTX 1080
16GB 2400mhz g.skill sniper x
Oculus Rift

No it’s not everything works fine it’s just frustrating having to turn down the quality a lot to meet the 90fps mark. Yeah it’s normal I know but I was just wondering if I could go higher with a better cpu and with higher I mean to a level where you can really feel a difference.
Yeah if this is your 4k FPS (or even the 2,160 x 1,200 of the oculus) then you are doing great and also this is down to your GPU not bein able to get more FPS not your CPU.
You can easily setup and run msi afterburner at least on your monitor,loads of guides online, to show you CPU and GPU load while gaming.
If you are going to spend money on something be sure this something is the thing holding you back.

Reactions: NPreuler1312