How is my set up for a beginner to pc?!? And what am I able to do with it

Wierdon5

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
What do you think of this set up

Graphics-(AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB DDR5)
Processor-(AMD A10-6800k 4.1GHZ overclocked up to 4.4GHZ)
Ram-(8gb)
Memory-(1TB)
Motherboard-(MSI Fm2 a75ma p33)
Power Supply - ( Corsair CX750M)
MSI case

I like I said before I am fairly new to pc, and I really need help on figuring out what I am able to do with it.

Wierdon5

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
The reason I was asking because lately, I play arma 3 and I run the game at like 20fps which is annoying me. I was wondering if there anything I need to upgrade cause I am planing to upgrade. Like what would you possible recommend right now? I can't spent to much atm. I can only spent about 150-200$

The GPU isn't bad. But ARMA is pretty intense on the CPU.

The RAM is probably usable in a new board. If it is DDR3 1600 CL8 or better it's worth re-using. If you friend built a solid APU system, I bet he's got DDR3 1866-2133 or similar in it.

I'd suggest a motherboard and CPU.

Something like a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P + FX 6300 or 6350 can probably be had for $200 or so. Just look for them on sale.

The boxed stock cooler for the FX 6300 is bad, but I can say the FX 6350 stock cooler was very good, similar design to what the 8350 uses.

I think your performance would be a bit better, but at max settings on higher resolutions (over 1080), don't expect great frame rates on arma 3. It will barely pull 40fps with an i7 and a gtx 970. From the benchmarks I looked at doing several comparisons, running a little over 1080 on ultra setting at close to 70fps took an overclocked i7 and 2 gtx 770's sli'd. Try turning the graphics down some and/or try a lower resolution for arma 3.

It's hard to give a clear answer with a phrase like 'newer games' since games whether a year old or brand new have all different requirements. This is where gaming on a pc gets tricky compared to a console like an xbox or ps4. On the consoles, every game plays the same since they've been optimized for the platform. You might find a game a year or two down the road yet that aren't as demanding as arma 3 is right now. You might be able to play another game just fine and one from 2 years ago may give you problems with underpowered hardware. It's game by game and if you search google using the game title and requirements you can find out if it will play or not from sites like game debate.

Try searching 'arma 3 system requirements' and within the first couple of links a page like game debate will have a link. Go there, and there's dropdown boxes where you can enter in all your hardware, your cpu and gpu make and model, how much ram you're using etc and it will give you an idea of whether or not it will play on medium, high, ultra and if not what the weak component is for that game.

Wierdon5

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
Okay, I did the test on it and it is telling me I can run it fine with the recommended standard. But when I get on it, the God just drop... Anyways. Only thing is that should I upgrade this pc? Or what can I do with it?

Wierdon5

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015

okay, thanks. the only thing is that i don't know what else to do with it since i really new to this. like what should i do with it? should i upgrade it? or what should i do at this moment