[SOLVED] How is the market now?

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
In terms of close to MSRP prices and availability, how is the market now compared to 6 months ago?
I bailed obsessing about the graphics market and eventually completely ignored it for about 6 months now.

I won the Newegg shuffle but they screwed me and I am thinking about trying again to do my build I wanted to do close to 2 years now.

Solution
I did manage a win once, just happened that my schedule didn't allow for checking my e-mail. Missed it. Was the Friday before the 4th of July weekend. Though I doubt I would have gone through with it anyway, bundled with a barebones system (They are still selling that bundle now, not sure what they are thinking with that one) Expensive designer case, cheap motherboard, and they have a ludicrous markup on it.

Haven't seen any pre-waterblocked cards in a while. At the prices they sell them, almost reasonable compared to getting an over-priced card and then still needing a $160 block for it.
In terms of close to MSRP prices and availability, how is the market now compared to 6 months ago?
I bailed obsessing about the graphics market and eventually completely ignored it for about 6 months now.

I won the Newegg shuffle but they screwed me and I am thinking about trying again to do my build I wanted to do close to 2 years now.
The prices are going down for sure here in eu, and the availability has improved too

wether the prices are "good" depends on you

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm too lazy to go hunting for a card.

Pop-in to the Newegg shuffle everyday and give it a go. Limiting myself to cards that are capable of fitting a custom water block, and aren't bundled with overpriced stuff. Wouldn't mind a spare motherboard in some cases, some ram. But the ones bundled with monitors are a little hard to deal with.

I think I have pre-orders with EVGA as well, haven't heard a peep from them.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
prices are so bad here in the Philippines. I scoured two shopping malls... and after searching multiple stores.. the only gpu's I found are 710 (60 usd when peso is converted to dollar), 1030 (120 usd), 1660 super (580-630 usd).

purchased a 1030, since it's the best one I could afford. And it's an upgrade to my old 460, because the 1030 has more vram, directx 12, and vulkan support. Genshin Impact is the most graphically demanding game I play, and the 1030 can handle it fine already. Gonna stick with the 1030 until prices settle down. :)

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
I'm too lazy to go hunting for a card.

Pop-in to the Newegg shuffle everyday and give it a go. Limiting myself to cards that are capable of fitting a custom water block, and aren't bundled with overpriced stuff. Wouldn't mind a spare motherboard in some cases, some ram. But the ones bundled with monitors are a little hard to deal with.

I think I have pre-orders with EVGA as well, haven't heard a peep from them.
Newegg is off probation today. I'm doing the Shuffle after about 6 months of not doing it regligiously.
I've dealt with them for decades,spending tens of thousands of $$ and never had a problem. If someone else had the same product at a slightly lower price,I didn't quibble over a few bucks. I knew Newegg has done me right in the past and I bought from them. This is their reward for years of good service. I always had a very good shopping experience.
But...
I won the Newegg shuffle! Finally! Yeah!!!
And then...
I was trying to put together a full rig. I'd wind up buying most the stuff at Newegg anyway,so on the Shuffle, I entered the stand alone graphics card (3070 I think) and I added a mobo/psu that I knew were decent.
In my cart was the mobo/psu - BUT NO GRAPHICS CARD!!
I freaked and hit the CHAT asap!
The Rep calmed me down immediately. His words were "don't worry. We know how much it means for people to get a graphics cards these days. It was a mess up,but on our next Shuffle you are at the top of the list".
So the very next Shuffle I called on voice. I got the most rude,arrogant woman that I didn't think could ever work at a service job,much less my beloved Newegg. She had a copy of my promise of a graphics card (the online chat transcript) and so did I. After a back and forth,she admitted I won the graphics. But she arrogantly, and with distain in her voice, said there was only the mobo/psu in my cart-so no graphics card for you!
If Newegg didn't build up decades of goodwill and trust,I would have never thought of them again. But they did,so I just put them out of my mind for a while. They were on probation. Of course if I get another rotten experience,I'll be done with them.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I did manage a win once, just happened that my schedule didn't allow for checking my e-mail. Missed it. Was the Friday before the 4th of July weekend. Though I doubt I would have gone through with it anyway, bundled with a barebones system (They are still selling that bundle now, not sure what they are thinking with that one) Expensive designer case, cheap motherboard, and they have a ludicrous markup on it.

Haven't seen any pre-waterblocked cards in a while. At the prices they sell them, almost reasonable compared to getting an over-priced card and then still needing a $160 block for it.

Solution