How is this build?

Nick1803

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
So i'm planning on building a new PC for gaming only purpose. I picked my components on pcpartpicker and here is it: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2TSR1

I haven't pick my OS yet because i really want to try the Window 8 but i heard that Window 8 have a lot of problems with drivers.

My question is :

1/ Is this build good for heavy games like COD, Battlefield,etc,.. running at ultra setting?
2/ Is there any bottleneck in my build?
3/How long is this build gonna be outdate and need upgrade?
4/ How can i find drivers for all my component?
5/ Is there any changes should i make before actually buy all of these components?

P/S: I am very new to PC's component, I choose these components because it had good reviews on internet. And sorry for asking too many question. :)

Solution
Hey
1. all games maxed out, 780 will handle BF4 on 80+ fps, also i7 4770K with extra cores will work great with it!
2. Not worth getting so much powerfull motherboard, you won't use the full potential of it with a single graphics card
3. That will last for a long long time, in the next few years you will play everything on max with an GTX 780 that's not a question
4. The best way is to go to their internet pages, NVIDIA for the GTX 780, ASUS for the motherboard
5. CPU - Motherboard fits ( 1150 socket ), 780 GTX is the 3rd best nvidias GPU atm so no worries

*I guess you want this pure for gaming, as a BF4 player I would buy a 144HZ monitor to use the power of GTX 780 :) ( instead of those 2 )
*That motherboard is made for more graphics...

RulesSpew

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
Hey
1. all games maxed out, 780 will handle BF4 on 80+ fps, also i7 4770K with extra cores will work great with it!
2. Not worth getting so much powerfull motherboard, you won't use the full potential of it with a single graphics card
3. That will last for a long long time, in the next few years you will play everything on max with an GTX 780 that's not a question
4. The best way is to go to their internet pages, NVIDIA for the GTX 780, ASUS for the motherboard
5. CPU - Motherboard fits ( 1150 socket ), 780 GTX is the 3rd best nvidias GPU atm so no worries

*I guess you want this pure for gaming, as a BF4 player I would buy a 144HZ monitor to use the power of GTX 780 :) ( instead of those 2 )
*That motherboard is made for more graphics cards and extreme overclocking, take a bit cheaper one ( ASUS VI HERO ),
That will save you money and you can afford a GTX 780 ti! Wich is the best nvidias GPU atm

Solution

Nick1803

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
This may sound suck but I play games with wifi because the cable can't reach my room, that why I choose the Formula instead of the Hero because the Formula included the wifi adapter. Also would you recommend me some good 144Hz monitor? I really want to get a dual monitor ( i just use it like a extra screen, 1 for gaming , 1for teamspeak; skype; web browser; etc..) I heard that human's eyes cannot see the different when it reached 60hz or FPS.

Thank for answering :) Riven is sexy btw :D

RulesSpew

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013

That information is not correct :)
You can see diference if you have more HZ on your monitor. For example, if you have a 200Hz TV or more you can see that fast scenes are displayed better and you have less blur.
144HZ will take that blur to minimum when somethign fast happens, that's good for games, because your enemy can jump away or they can run fast, with a 144Hz you will see them faster, that's advantage.

You don't need to have 144fps to use the advantage of 144HZ monitor, in fact that's like about 74 fps max, after that you won't notice any differences.

With a GTX 780 you will have 80+ fps all the time, that's a huge advantage with a 144HZ monitor, I have one monitor like that from ASUS, and that was my best gaming purchase, also my score got better in BF4 :p

Get a 144HZ one for gaming and another one for your other usage why not, with your build a good gaming monitor is a must! :)