How long do you suppose this setup will last me?

Tiago_3

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
I've only just finished building my PC after a big switch from a AMD Phenom 955 Quad-Core (a 2009 CPU) and finally went for a Haswell i5 4460 CPU (I know, would've gone Skylake 6600K or even the i5 4690K if hardware wasn't so expensive in my country).

So these are my final specs:
Asrock H81M-VG4 R2.0 mobo
Intel i5 4460 CPU at 3.4GHz turbo
16GB 1600MHz RAM in dual-channel (2x8GB Kingston Hyperx sticks)
Nvidia's G1 Gaming Gtx970 GPU
Seasonic 620W PowerSupply
1x 240GB Sandisk Ultra SSD + 1tb Seagate SataIII HDD

I know this isn't the most up-to-date hardware there is around right now, but Id just like to be able to do some casual gaming for at least a couple of years or more and perhaps some Wii emulating (Dolphin emulator) and fps shooters/MOBA like Heroes of the Storm and DoTA. I've already noticed some significant improvement over my old AMD Phenom setup, with a lot less frame dips and so on, but I'm still somewhat concerned about how good this build actually is for today and a little bit into the future.

Any form of input will be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Tiago_3

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Also, do you think it would be a very big leap in perfomance if I went and bought the i5 4690 (not the K unlocked version, don't think my mobo will support any real overclocking) right now ? I'm asking this because I moved to Intel just so I could get perfect Wii emulation, and yet apparently the 3.4GHz turbo mode of the 4460 doesn't seem to be doing that (the game still stutters - I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy)