Question How long i need to test with prime95 or aida64 ryzen 2600 oc 4ghz?

Oct 23, 2019
hello friends, i have a question. i have oc my ryzen 2600 to 4ghz on auto my b450m-a is 1.4v i think is to high so i set voltage 1.325v can't pass cinevench now on 1.350v set in bios cpu-z shows 1.360v games working stable and temperatures max 75c tried test with prime95 and aida64 temperature goes 89c after 7min hwinfo64 shows thermal throttling (htc) yes hermal throttling (prochot exit) yes. Is this normal ? some people say this test's need to be tested about 12h but if i leave overnight i think my cpu is gone be fried. How long i need to test with prime95 or aida64?

Last edited:

Starcruiser

Honorable
Prime95 puts an unrealistic amount of strain on the cpu. Most of the time, even if it crashes after 4 hours, you will still have a stable system, even while gaming.
The best test is the real world test. Run a specialized benchmark like 3Dmark time spy on loop for a few hours or your favorite performance heavy game and you should have a good idea whether it will stay stable in other real world conditions.

Another even better test is RealBench stress test. Totally real world as it uses real apps in real useage scenarios but also much more of a system test as it includes GPU and memory in the test, so your PSU also has to be up to task. A good quick test to check out voltage under load and cooling performance is the stress test in CPU-Z as you can vary the number of threads to watch impact on voltage and temperature.

Totally agree that both Prime95 and Aida64 (especially the FPU test) are highly synthetic and unrepresentative. So just test for 15 or 20 min's with them and even that's more than is needed.

Reactions: conkeriz
What is this system used for? If you are going to loose hours of work and/or money if your system crashes then it’s worth spending significant time testing stability. If it means you crash out of a game then in my opinion is light stress testing is enough and moving onto real usage which is the ultimate test is ok.

Oct 23, 2019
thank you all for answers. i have last question about 3dmark is it posible that same frequency but with diferent voltage may impact 3dmark score? and if i stick on 4ghz and auto voltage (1.4v) it is ok? i have tested assassin's creed odyssey about 2h without issues

thank you all for answers. i have last question about 3dmark is it posible that same frequency but with diferent voltage may impact 3dmark score? and if i stick on 4ghz and auto voltage (1.4v) it is ok? i have tested assassin's creed odyssey about 2h without issues
Your 2600 should be able to do 4Ghz or more but I find 1.4v a bit high. Try getting it stable with lower voltage.

Oct 23, 2019
i have found some people talking that ryzen 2600 max voltage is 1.425v but strange thing is that i was oc to 4ghz and tried some games with diferent voltages and i had better fps on 1.4v lower fps on 1.350v