How long should I retain the cardboard boxes of my components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
Hello. I hope all of you are doing well. :D

My question is: How long do you tend to retain the boxes of your PC Components, with the motive of using the same to repack the components? Mine have started to take up space, so wish to decide on which ones to keep and which to discard.

I'd be glad to have your answers. :)

kanewolf

Titan

My question is: How long do you tend to retain the boxes of your PC Components, with the motive of using the same to repack the components? Mine have started to take up space, so wish to decide on which ones to keep and which to discard.

Until you are confident that you won't have to immediately return. I keep the antistat bags even after I recycle the cardboard.

Reactions: Grobe

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I tend to keep everything for large components (GPUs, Motherboards, PSUs) and toss anything small after the return period is over. I put them in the attic. Helps with reselling them when I am done.

Same. Keep until sold, just use a spare closet.

I also keep my TV boxes, since that is the best way to transport them. Has come in handy once or twice.

Reactions: ArjunY

I keep mine indefinitely for whatever reason, if only because the box the case came in fits the boxes of the components. But at the minimum, keep them until the return period is over.

I also like to keep the motherboard box because it tends to fit all of the random knickknacks that also came with the parts.

Reactions: ArjunY
Status
Not open for further replies.