[SOLVED] How long should one wait before replacing a closed-loop water cooler?

Nov 19, 2019
I bought this lil guy in 2011 and it's still doing okay for my i7-2600k. It's been on almost every day. Although after so much time I'm getting worried it might fail soon. Or if it's possible some of the water may have evaporated. I have nothing to go on here, just assuming something like this will happen eventually, and if so, how long I should wait before replacing.

Thanks!

Solution
Unfortunately no way to know for sure, guesses at best.
Personally, my philosophy is to expect the cooler to fail right after the warranty ends, so in your case after 5 years. Or 3 years ago.
I ditched my H100i for the same reason, I didnt need the cooler (at the time) and it really wasnt worth its space/risk in my system.

Since yours is so old, its probably going to die without harming anything else, so you can probably keep using it until it dies abruptly.

When you do replace it, open it up and see how corroded it got inside.
Personally, my philosophy is to expect the cooler to fail right after the warranty ends, so in your case after 5 years. Or 3 years ago.
I ditched my H100i for the same reason, I didnt need the cooler (at the time) and it really wasnt worth its space/risk in my system.

Since yours is so old, its probably going to die without harming anything else, so you can probably keep using it until it dies abruptly.

Solution
Nov 19, 2019

If the pump motor dies or something will the CPU know before it overheats?

This was after a gaming session, which is okay but not great.
View: https://i.imgur.com/NiRn52Z.png

Thats respectable for an H60, it never was a "good" cooler performance wise.
If the pump failed you should notice right away, performance would suddenly drop as your processor downclocked to prevent overheating, then it would eventually shutdown if it got too hot.