[SOLVED] How long will an i7 2600 last for gaming?

Solution
Depends what you aim is. For 60fps it still does a a decent job. For 100+ FPS it’s already not going to achieve that in more cpu heavy games.

Reducing game settings does little to reduce the cpu workload, it’s nearly all gpu related. It will actually put the cpu workload load up if the gpu starts running higher FPS.
Depends what you aim is. For 60fps it still does a a decent job. For 100+ FPS it’s already not going to achieve that in more cpu heavy games.

Reducing game settings does little to reduce the cpu workload, it’s nearly all gpu related. It will actually put the cpu workload load up if the gpu starts running higher FPS.

Solution

NikV0985

Prominent
Mar 14, 2019

I am going to use it with an rx 560,so i was thinking between i7 2600 and i5 3470, the price difrence is 20 dollars.
Sorry for bad english. I will use the pc for gaming mostly titles that are a couple years old, but i would want to play metro exodus and maybe try the new DOOM, the settings dont matter to me, i was used to playing far cry 3 with g530 integraded graphics so the graphics arent a problem.

The Ryzen 5-1600 is $85... (6 cores/12 threads are a quite sensible place to start these days)

I can't see recommending starting off with 7-8 year old hardware unless it's virtually free...; CPUs with less than 6 threads seem to end up decimated (running some 50% lower FPS) in minimum FPS comparisons in many newer gaming titles..