i have this pc;
i5 4590
msi r9 280x 3gb
8gb ram
2 tb wd blue hdd
600watt psu
dell 1080p monitor
asus b85m gamer

i will upgrade gpu in 2017 when pascal comes but not cpu and extra ram stick in future.
will the psu be enough for pascal as it is 600 watt.
can the cpu play games at atleast high till the end of its life for me 5 years.

i will be sticking to 1080p gaming.

Solution
We are MOBO buddies I have the same BOMO as you do :D
But well, you should not have any problems for 2-3 years.
Your graphics card is slightly better than a gtx 960, comparing the two in terms of gaming I would say that you will continue to play most titles at 1080p medium/high settings for a few years, you should be fine.
And the processor is a ver good processor so in that department dont worry.
I would recommend that you check out pascal GPU when they get out to see if you can get any good deals or just pickup an "older" GPU like a r9 390, cause I bet the price will rly drop down.
With this being said dont worry my friend ur still good to go for a couple of years and most titles u will encounter
Oh sorry didnt fully read, yes the...

ToxykVib3

Honorable
Feb 15, 2015
We are MOBO buddies I have the same BOMO as you do :D
But well, you should not have any problems for 2-3 years.
Your graphics card is slightly better than a gtx 960, comparing the two in terms of gaming I would say that you will continue to play most titles at 1080p medium/high settings for a few years, you should be fine.
And the processor is a ver good processor so in that department dont worry.
I would recommend that you check out pascal GPU when they get out to see if you can get any good deals or just pickup an "older" GPU like a r9 390, cause I bet the price will rly drop down.
With this being said dont worry my friend ur still good to go for a couple of years and most titles u will encounter
Oh sorry didnt fully read, yes the iGpu being the intel hd 4600 you will be able games but dont except to be all that "shinny" and with loads of details as you might imagine.

Solution
The first Pascal GPUs are coming out this July, not in 2017 (although the lower end GPUs will probably come a little later). You could just play with the iGPU in the i5 until Pascal comes out and use the money you saved to get a better GPU then. Also, what 600W PSU are you getting? There's a big of a difference between a junk 600W and a quality 600W, and this difference can dictate how much power you can safely draw.

It depends on future evolutions. 2-3 years, no prob. 5? Well, if the industry does get its act together and really pushes into multithreading, you may have to upgrade to an i7 at some point. But, by that time, those will be cheap second hand. On the other hand, DX12 is supposed to be ALOT more firendly with cpus so, i guess, we'll see.
it's smart of you that you are waiting for PASCAL. Now is not the time to buy a GPU. Though you will probably not have to wait untill 2017. I'm sure by christmas NV will have everything out, including mid-rande/low-end.

Saadkasu

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
I have compared i5 4590 to i5 6500 but did not see any big diffrence like 5 fps better on i5 6500. I will b going with a pascal gpu which will be around the price range on 300$. I have also seen some videos of gaming on a i5 2400 which is 5 year old processor but with new gpu it runs all games very well. My psu can handel the r9 280x without any issue so I guess there will be no problem with pascal as pascal is way more efficient. I will in some point upgrade to a i7 4790k but I am not sure if my mobo can support can u tell me if it can support overclocking. But dx 12 depends on gpu right? My r9 280x also supports dx 12.

Most cards from recent years support dx12. Now it's down to the games tehmselves being tailored for dx12, witch is coming, but, as of today, there are a handfull.
Yes if your psu can handle a 280x, it wil handle a $300 pascal(or polaris ;) ).
Your MB doesn't support overclocking(only ones with "Z" chipset do), but there is a point to getting a 4790k because of its significantely higher clocks. Besides, there isn't really a need to overclock such a cpu.