[SOLVED] How long would a 500GB Hard drive last on a gaming computer

Dec 30, 2019
Hi,

I'm wondering how long would a 500 GB hard drive (non-external) last on a gaming computer using windows 10. (if you could answer how much storage I would use when I download windows 10) This i new to me. (I am not so good at windows, I use Linux)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Every brand, and every model in those brands, is different. Some will last long past their expected life times. Some will fail just weeks after you install them. The only sure thing is that they WILL eventually fail. Always have backups. Ideally, have cloud backups of your backups.

Windows 10, fully updated, will use between 30 and 60 GB depending on installed features and OS edition. Much, much more than the Linux you're used to.

The average AAA developer modern game can be anywhere between 10 and 30 GB. Shorter games can be smaller, and smaller games studios will usually have smaller games. In other words, every game is different.

Starcruiser

Honorable
Every brand, and every model in those brands, is different. Some will last long past their expected life times. Some will fail just weeks after you install them. The only sure thing is that they WILL eventually fail. Always have backups. Ideally, have cloud backups of your backups.

Windows 10, fully updated, will use between 30 and 60 GB depending on installed features and OS edition. Much, much more than the Linux you're used to.

The average AAA developer modern game can be anywhere between 10 and 30 GB. Shorter games can be smaller, and smaller games studios will usually have smaller games. In other words, every game is different.

Reactions: Ring Games
Solution