[SOLVED] How many case fans can my motherboard handle?

floorcleaner

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
Hello, the new pc case I bought came with two fans and a button to change the light colours. The fans are XGP Vento 120 and XGP Vento 120 argb, and I'd like to add two more XGP Vento 120 argb fans, but my motherboard has only one system fan connector, and the two fans are already connected in series.
My motherboard fan connector and fan specifications
https://ibb.co/1RfXLTK
https://www.xpg.com/us/xpg/896?tab=spec
What I want to know is whether it is safe to connect two more fans in series, or i need to buy something like this? https://www.amazon.in/Verilux®-PWM-...=1671533720&sprefix=pc+fan+hub,aps,216&sr=8-4

Solution
I suggest that going back a couple of steps:

What problems, if any, indicate the need for more fans?

Are there some high component temperatures?

What make and model case? How are the current fans and their respective airflows arranged?

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condtion.

Fans for cooling is one thing. Having fans for color/cosmetics is another.

Too many fans or incorrectly positioned fans can be counter productive. Could create problems or make existing problems worse.

]

Ralston18

Titan

What make and model case? How are the current fans and their respective airflows arranged?

= = = =

Too many fans or incorrectly positioned fans can be counter productive. Could create problems or make existing problems worse.

]

Solution

floorcleaner

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021

= = = =

]
My PC specs
CPU: i5 10400f
Motherboard: MSI H410M Pro-VH
Ram: Crucial 2 x 8GB DDDR4 2666
SSD/HDD: 1 x Crucial MX 500 sata, 1x WD 570 1tb Nvme/1x Toshiba 7200 rpm 2TB.
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
CPU COOLER: GAMMAXX 400 V2 BLUE.
CASE: XPG STARKER AIR https://www.xpg.com/us/xpg/839
PSU: XPG Core Reactor 750 watts, one month old, new.
The purposes of fans are for cooling. I am getting asus tuf 3070ti from a friend after Christmas, and that's the main reason I bought this new case because the old one didn't have good airflow.
The case includes one intake and one exhaust fan.
Both fans are connected using this splitter came with the rear fan

floorcleaner

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
I do not know.

I see three fans (in your computer case) but I am not sure about the respective air flow directions for each fan.

Overall, the case documentation has some information on Page 10 of the case link in Post #5.

If the fans are conflicting with each other and airflows in general then temperatures will likely run too hot.

You will not save any money if the cooling system is not sufficient to maintain the required temperature ranges.

floorcleaner

Commendable
Jan 1, 2021
I do not know.

I see three fans (in your computer case) but I am not sure about the respective air flow directions for each fan.

Overall, the case documentation has some information on Page 10 of the case link in Post #5.

If the fans are conflicting with each other and airflows in general then temperatures will likely run too hot.

You will not save any money if the cooling system is not sufficient to maintain the required temperature ranges.
The front fan pulls air in, and the rear fan pushes it out. The CPU cooler also pushes air.
My pc case airflow direction

Last edited: