[SOLVED] How many fans can I connect to my fan header?

Jul 29, 2020
Hi guys,

Can you help me with my problem? I’m planning to buy new case fans for my PC and I’m not sure how many fans I can connect to a single fan header in my mobo. My mobo is an ASUS TUF B450m plus gaming. It has 1 cpu fan header and 2 case fan headers rated at 1a 12w. I’m planning to buy those ID cooling DF 12025 rgb trio rated at 0.25(plus,minus) 10%A. Is it safe to connect the 3 fans to a single header via splitter?

Send help.
Thanks

Solution
You can connect three fans to one header but for your purpose, I'd stick to either using the chassis fan header on the board with the 1 to 3 splitter that comes with the fans(in your thread's body). If I were you, I'd use a fan hub to pair with the fans and have each fan on their own header on a hub. The hub can then connect to either of the 4pin headers on the board. If the CPU fan is also going to be paired to the hub, make sure that the CPU fan is the first device on the hub to provide signalling for the hub.

Lutfij

Titan
You can connect three fans to one header but for your purpose, I'd stick to either using the chassis fan header on the board with the 1 to 3 splitter that comes with the fans(in your thread's body). If I were you, I'd use a fan hub to pair with the fans and have each fan on their own header on a hub. The hub can then connect to either of the 4pin headers on the board. If the CPU fan is also going to be paired to the hub, make sure that the CPU fan is the first device on the hub to provide signalling for the hub.

Solution
Jul 29, 2020
That was my original plan, to buy a fan hub. But for some unfortunate events I had to spend my budget for the hub for some important things. Now that you said I connect all three fans to the chassis fan header, do I have to worry about the start up amp for the fans?

TRENDING THREADS