[SOLVED] How many fans does my current motherboard support without needing a separate fan controller ?

Jan 28, 2022
I am currently using an ASUS Prime B550m-A (WI-FI)

and I can't check for the spec on how many fans it can control without a need for a seperate fan controller. Does anyone know?

Solution
The only fans connected to the mobo is my AIO fans.
My other four fans are connected directly to my PSU.
Just need some reassurance or information so that I can put it to the mobo next for control purposes.
4 case fans, no problem.
Internal I/O Ports

1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)

You can use an Y splitter for 2 fans to each chassis Fan connector but each set should have same type and size fans. 3pin or4pin.
D

Deleted member 2783327

According to the specs; 4 (That includes CPU cooler fan(.
But if you used a fan splitter you could add more fans.
The manual is pretty vague. It doesn't specify what the maximum current the fan headers support, but generally you should be ok with a 2 way splitter.

According to the specs; 4 (That includes CPU cooler fan(.
But if you used a fan splitter you could add more fans.
The manual is pretty vague. It doesn't specify what the maximum current the fan headers support, but generally you should be ok with a 2 way splitter.
Most common is 1A per fan header and that means about 3 x120/140mm standard fans. Exception is PUMP header that is usually 2A capable.

Jan 28, 2022
And I am wondering: "why more fans"?

What problem(s) are occurring?

Just need some reassurance or information so that I can put it to the mobo next for control purposes.

4 case fans, no problem.
Internal I/O Ports

1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)

You can use an Y splitter for 2 fans to each chassis Fan connector but each set should have same type and size fans. 3pin or4pin.

Reactions: Lyeco and Ralston18
Solution