Question how many Fan's on 1 system fan header?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi,

i have a MSI Z390 Ace motherboard which has 5 system Fan header and 1 CPU and 1 pump header. so i have occupied all the Fan header.

I want to connect 1 more Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000 RPM Fan. But there is no more system fan header left to connect the same.

So can i connect 2 Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000 RPM Fan to 1 system header using Y splitter cable? Will it work fine?

If yes, can i control speed of both the Fan's via BIOS? or will BIOS detect only 1 FAN in this situation.

Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000 RPM Fan have below specs.

Max. input power 6,6 W
Max. input current 0,55 A
Operating voltage 12 V

And how much Ampere my 1 system header support in MSI Z390 Ace. i have read its manual but they haven't mentioned anything.

Thank you
Ryan

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi,

i have a MSI Z390 Ace motherboard which has 5 system Fan header and 1 CPU and 1 pump header. so i have occupied all the Fan header.

I want to connect 1 more Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000 RPM Fan. But there is no more system fan header left to connect the same.

So can i connect 2 Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC 3000 RPM Fan to 1 system header using Y splitter cable? Will it work fine?

If yes, can i control speed of both the Fan's via BIOS? or will BIOS detect only 1 FAN in this situation.

Max. input power 6,6 W
Operating voltage 12 V

And how much Ampere my 1 system header support in MSI Z390 Ace. i have read its manual but they haven't mentioned anything.

Thank you
Ryan
Can anybody help.

I will appreciate the same.

Thank you

You wanted to know if you could put two fans on one header; Yes.

You asked if you would then be able to control two fan rpm's off the one header, Yes.

If the manual doesn't state max amperage then you should contact MSI support since they manufacture the board.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
You wanted to know if you could put two fans on one header; Yes.

You asked if you would then be able to control two fan rpm's off the one header, Yes.
You are wrong.

Don't give answers without knowing the Ampere

as per you we can connect and control fan on 1 header.
But if we connect 2 fan more than Ampere supported on mobo. It can cause damage to mobo

Two fans on one header is common. The fan speed of both fans will he controlled by this single header but both will run at the one speed assigned to that header.

Most headers are 3 amps but should be stated in your manual.

Good luck and keep down voting me too.

have a nice day

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Two fans on one header is common. The fan speed of both fans will he controlled by this single header but both will run at the one speed assigned to that header.

Most headers are 3 amps but should be stated in your manual.

Good luck and keep down voting me too.

have a nice day
Again wrong sir

Most header are 1 Amps. I have never seen 3 Amp header.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
According to your post, you said you've never seen a 3 amp header. I responded that indeed there are 3 amp headers.

So please read words carefully.
I meant i have never seen 3 Amp system header.

not sure why you brought RGB Header in picture in my post.

God knows!!

Anyway lets stop arguing. We are one team 👍

Apologies if make you uncomfortable . I never intended to be

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi,

Max. input power 6,6 W
Operating voltage 12 V

Thank you
Ryan
Now can anyone help me to answer my question?