how many graphicscard can i have in a pc

Solution

2 Things,

More stable then AMD? No, Both companies have their fair amount of problems. Nvidia is doing better, but fail to...

Liberatas

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hi phdellgren,

As mentioned above they're both correct. However it varies between the system you use.

AMD uses Crossfire, the ability to use 2-4 GPU's (Graphics Cards) at once in tandem. This means a boost to performance. Although time and time again Crossfire has failed gamers as it is still unstable.

nVidia uses SLi, again, connecting 2-4 GPU's in tandem. However more stable than AMD. As well as this you can set specific graphics cards for tasks.
For example I have a GTX 780Ti and a GTX 570, while I could connect them in SLi, it would be unstable as they're different generations of cards.
Back to the point, I can have the GTX570 look after PhysX, a dedicated card for that would free up the 780 Ti increasing performance.

Again it comes down to your choice in motherboard.

I hope this helps,
Liberatas

2 Things,

More stable then AMD? No, Both companies have their fair amount of problems. Nvidia is doing better, but fail to properly release a driver to fix SLI on some 6xx series cards in BF4 and the Boost 2.0 do not play well with some 660TI's in SLI. AMD however you get compatibility with different cards in Crossfire such as a 5770 with a 6770 or a 7850 with a 7870 and supporting Crossfire on 4x lanes. Your gonna get problems when a card isn't getting its full power from the PCI-E lane, its given. More stable isn't the right word to use. As I said, they trade blows a lot.

GTX780TI and a GTX570 would be unstable? It wouldn't even run in SLI.

also windows limitation is 4 GPU's. I don't think they raised it or will ever raise it due to the size constrictions of cases where most card being dual slots.

Solution