[SOLVED] How many ohms does my motherboard run?

Sep 1, 2020
I have the alienware 01NYPT motherboard and i was wondering whats the ohms that it has because i have 64 ohm headphones and i dont care if it can power it i want to run them at their full potential so if anyone knows 32 64 128? or more? ohms thanks

Solution
This is the closest I could get to the ALC861 spec's(which is the audio chip on that motherboard). Look in page 64, Output Impedance is 100 Ohms. I'd ask you to try the headphones out on your existing platform, then try the same pair on a donor system with a better audio solution. If you can tell the difference, then you should invest in a sound card. If you can't tell the difference, that's money saved ;)

Lutfij

Titan
This is the closest I could get to the ALC861 spec's(which is the audio chip on that motherboard). Look in page 64, Output Impedance is 100 Ohms. I'd ask you to try the headphones out on your existing platform, then try the same pair on a donor system with a better audio solution. If you can tell the difference, then you should invest in a sound card. If you can't tell the difference, that's money saved ;)

Solution