[SOLVED] How much better will TF2 run on my desktop?

Feb 7, 2020
Ok so I initially upgraded my HP Compaq Pro 6200 from a Pentium G620 to an i5 2400s, and i'm using intel hd 2000 graphics.
i also upgraded from 4 gigs of ram to 8
the card i ordered is a gt 730 2 gb ddr3 64 bit variant of the card
its also from a dell pc if that means anything, and it should arrive on monday or tuesday

Solution
Ram will not help your graphics settings on game like TF2. The CPU is not going to matter much in regards to FPS on TF2. The GT 730 will be your bottleneck, the 730 is a very weak card. TF2 will run on a toaster so you might be able to max the settings but I can't say for sure. I would be confident in saying you'll be able to play it on much higher settings than you a used to though.
Feb 7, 2020
I mean those still are not great specs, but it will certainly be a big upgrade over what you were using. You'll be able to achieve 60 fps with some settings trial and error.
will i be able to play maxed out tf2? if i have to i can buy more ram and take it to 16 gb, and my desktop is compatible with an i7 i could try to get in the future

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
Ram will not help your graphics settings on game like TF2. The CPU is not going to matter much in regards to FPS on TF2. The GT 730 will be your bottleneck, the 730 is a very weak card. TF2 will run on a toaster so you might be able to max the settings but I can't say for sure. I would be confident in saying you'll be able to play it on much higher settings than you a used to though.

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 7, 2020
Ram will not help your graphics settings on game like TF2. The CPU is not going to matter much, the GT 730 will be your bottleneck, the 730 is a very weak card. TF2 will run on a toaster so you might be able to max the settings but i cant say for sure. I would be confident in saying you'll be able to play it on much higher settings than you a used to though.
oh ok thanks. i also wasnt sure if there was a difference between the different gt 730 models, and i thought i chose one of the better ones. ill try to save up for a while to get the i7 and what grapics card do you recommend?
i sldo bought the card for about $23 so i think i did ok for that perfomance boost

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
For that system and what you are actually doing with a GTX 750 or maybe if you wanted to splurge go for a GTX 960 both would be a solid cards. But if you went up to a 960 your PSU would become a factor.

Last edited: