How much can I get for this Computer?

Yum Yums

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I have a custom-built computer about to turn 2 years old, It has served me well for a gaming computer, but I really need the money right now, and it can't come with me. Could I have an estimate on how much I can sell mine for? I'll try to list the specs' to the best of my ability.

Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Tower
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K
Custom CPU fan
8GB DDR3 Ram (2x2 G.Skill Ripjawz,+ 2x2 Generic)
Seagate Barracuda (500gb)
Seagate Barracuda (750gb)
Geforce GTX 550 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Cooler Master 550w PSU
generic Dvd-player
DAS keyboard model s, Professional Mechanical Keyboard-Cherry MX keys.
generic HP Monitor,
generic HP Mouse,

Solution
It still doesn't change much in used pricing. Just because there are parts sold new for it, doesn't mean they're 'worth' it. Worth in terms of selling is very dependent on what someone is willing to pay vs the value of the person who owns it.

I'm assuming this is in us dollars so if I'm wrong based on currency differences I apologize. 8gb of ddr3 1600 can be had for around $60-70 new (2x4gb). A better western digital re4 (enterprise) 7200rpm 1tb can be had for around $70. Blows away those seagate prices. A dvd burner (asus), good quality can be had for $20 or less. At $50? You can have a bluray burner. A brand new z97 motherboard can be had for the same price as the outdated z77 extreme 4 and it's broadwell ready. A latest release i5...

Yum Yums

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014

Yeah, I'm hoping for about $500 atleast, at its time it costed about $800-1200, wildly ranging somewhere between..
And thanks for the mention on the keyboard, I heard DasKeyboard made a new model '4'

I'm not sure if I should sell the parts seperately or all together...

Yum Yums

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I just did some research on a few shopping websites, and this is what my research shown, you can help me agree or disagree with me, since the prices I've seen are New, and my hardware is used.

Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Tower= $46
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 $130
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz $235
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550w $55
ASUS GeForce GTX 550 Ti $100-$400 sells anywhere between 1-4 hundred. crazy.
8.0 Gb RAM (2x2 G.Skillz) (2x2 generic) gskill=$50 generic= $30
Seagate Barracuda (500gb+750gb) 500gb= $50-$200 750gb= $70-$250 Now the hardrives were tricky, we know Memory is getting cheaper, but some stores still sell them at over $200, while most well known stores like BestBuy and NewEgg sell them for under $100.
The generic HP dvd-player, by itself is worth between $20-$50
My beloved keyboard was $150 fresh, but I still see some used being sold for $100-$130
And the Windows 7 Home Premium OS costed $100.

If I put the prices in Average..and total it up... $1331.
Thats how much the computer's WORTH. Now since its Used..theres got to be some sort of Price reduction...
I Really need your guys input on this.

It still doesn't change much in used pricing. Just because there are parts sold new for it, doesn't mean they're 'worth' it. Worth in terms of selling is very dependent on what someone is willing to pay vs the value of the person who owns it.

I'm assuming this is in us dollars so if I'm wrong based on currency differences I apologize. 8gb of ddr3 1600 can be had for around $60-70 new (2x4gb). A better western digital re4 (enterprise) 7200rpm 1tb can be had for around $70. Blows away those seagate prices. A dvd burner (asus), good quality can be had for $20 or less. At $50? You can have a bluray burner. A brand new z97 motherboard can be had for the same price as the outdated z77 extreme 4 and it's broadwell ready. A latest release i5 4690k devil's canyon is still being sold for around $220. For $220 or so you can get an r9 280x graphics card that will put the gtx 550 to shame.

Just trying to point out real world value of things. Even if you went to all the overpriced outlets or places still selling outdated tech 'new in box', for a couple hundred less than your 'total worth' price someone can have a brand new system that outperforms that one and no use on any of the parts with intact warranties. It changes things, a lot.

Being there's no warranty and it's been used etc. and it's older maybe $500-600 for the whole works. $600 being more generous.

Solution