[SOLVED] How much does DDR3 quality really matter for OC and gaming?

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
On a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H with an overclocked I5-3570K , how much does quality matter.

Gaming, yes, but not the new games, obviously.

I have two stick of 8GB Kingston low profile ram, and was just going to search for two more 4GB similar sticks, rather than trying to get more premiere gaming ram in there. I might even be able to pair it with 2x4GB Corsair Value Ram I already have.

KVR1333D3N9/8G

How much does quality really matter? Is it worth searching for some G.Skill Ripjaws or HyperX or Vengeance or whatever?

Solution
Don't mix RAM that are not the exact same as you currently have.

Also DDR3 is old and slow. I would suggest if you have it in your budget to upgrade MB, CPU and RAM. Save up your money to upgrade rather than spending your money on old components.

But to answer your question, yes speed and GB matter. If you are playing older games though I wouldn't go any higher than 16GB because older games don't use that much unlike they do today. Get the same ram you have now.
Don't mix RAM that are not the exact same as you currently have.

Also DDR3 is old and slow. I would suggest if you have it in your budget to upgrade MB, CPU and RAM. Save up your money to upgrade rather than spending your money on old components.

But to answer your question, yes speed and GB matter. If you are playing older games though I wouldn't go any higher than 16GB because older games don't use that much unlike they do today. Get the same ram you have now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS