Question How much does read write speed matter in video rendering?

Jul 28, 2020
I'm currently in the process of building a video rendering machine at work. For storage we are looking at a liqid honey badger AIC card with 8x 2TB M.2's set at RAID 10. The M.2 sticks that come preloaded in the card are built for long life in a data center. They are quite a bit slower then say a Sabrent 4 gen M.2. We are thinking of replacing them with the Sabrent 2TB sticks but this will void the warranty. Do you guys think the the speed increase on the Read, Write and IOP's is worth voiding the warranty on a 7500.00 card?

Ralston18

Titan
No.

Not worth voiding a warranty.

Take a different approach.....

What speed increase do you expect and how was that speed increase determined? Is the speed increase measurable and accurately so?

Be proactive. Get Honey Badger/Liqid , Sabrent, and anyone else concerned on a teleconference of some sort.

Explain your understandings and requirements. Show your calculations.

Maybe all can agree to some pilot program to test the Sabrent 4 gen M.2's

Make it "Win-Win" for everyone.

Then decide about the risks....

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Jul 28, 2020
I have talked to Liqid and their engineer was kind of abrupt, inflexible, and definitely must of been having a bad day. But I'm still talking to their area rep waiting for some answers to a few questions. Linus ran and tested a similar card here after removing the stock M.2's

TRENDING THREADS